A course designed to instruct the backhoe operator in the fundamentals of backhoe operation to a productive and effective standard. It is based on the National Core Curriculum and demonstrates how, through regular inspection and maintenance, an operator can ensure that the machine is in a sound, safe mechanical condition prior to operating.
- Safe Operation of the Backhoe
- Machine and General Safety
- Backhoe Terminology
- Pre-Start Inspections
- Start-up and Shut-down procedures
- Operating Procedures
- Bulk excavation
- Loading materials on to trucks
- Pipe laying
- Digging under pipes
- Backfilling trenches
- Leveling with the front bucket
- Lifting Loads
- 3 day course 3:1 – $1500 per person
- 1 day course 1:1 – $1500 per person (experienced operators only)
- Assessment only (1/2 day – experienced operators only) – $750 per person
*The student tuition fees are indicative only and subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
Participants will be assessed in accordance with the following nationally recognised units of competency as part of the qualification RII30820 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations.
RIIMPO319E Conduct backhoe/loader operations