C.I.T.S. provides Multi Combination Courses for truck drivers looking to upgrade their skills. Courses are designed to train drivers to a competent standard in both theory and practical aspects, which will enable them to pass the Vic Roads testing criteria for theory, skills and practical driving.
- Road law
- VicRoads theory test
- Pre operational checks
- Forward off-set manoeuvres.
- Uncoupling / coupling
- Tracking / cornering/ braking
- Intersections / roundabouts
- 90° turns
- Lane management
- Maintaining a safe speed / gap
- Gear selection
- Fuel efficiency / economy
- VicRoads road test
For a period of 12 month, the applicant must hold or have held an Australian licence to drive:
- heavy combination vehicle; or
- combination of a heavy rigid vehicle and a heavy combination vehicle.*The 12 month period includes any combination of holding HR and HClicences, including 364 days HR and one day HC.
Course duration will depend on students prior experience and skill level. The following is to be used as a guide only.
- 1 – 1½ days Course costs
- 1 Day sessions $2000
- ½ day sessions $1000 eaFull day sessions are run between 8am and 5pm. Clients will have a 1 hour lunch break.Half day sessions are run either between 8am – 12noon or 1pm – 5pm.
- Vic Roads variance fee (payable to VicRoads) – $30.30
- If participants require a 5th hour of training in a half day session this will be charged at a rate of $250.
Unit codes and names
Participants will be assessed in accordance with the following nationally recognized unit of competence as part of the qualification TLI31216 Certificate III in Driving Operations
TLILIC3018 Licence to drive multi combination vehicle