This course is designed to instruct operators of a Four Wheel Drive vehicle in the operation skills required for safe operation, maintenance and driving, with a view to reducing the incidence of component failure or operator error resulting from incorrect operating procedures.
At completion of this course the participants will have:
- A knowledge of the difference between Two and Four Wheel drive vehicles.
- The ability to perform a pre-drive vehicle inspection.
- The ability to operate a 4WD in an economical, efficient & safe manner.
- The ability to use recovery equipment safely in any situation.
- To recognise and evaluate on and off road emergency situations using techniques and skills acquired.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Pre operational Vehicle Checks
- Vehicle Characteristics
- Driving Techniques
- Operational Procedures
- Terrain Appreciation
- Obstacle Negotiation
- Hill Climbs/ Descents
- Water Crossings
- Mud, Snow and Sand Driving
- Stall Stop Procedure
- Special needs e.g. Automatic/Turbo Vehicle
- Recovery Equipment
- Safety with Recovery Equipment
- Correct Recovery Techniques
Must hold a current Motor Car licence and must be at least 18 years old.
Contact a C.I.T.S. Office for the current costs and details.